Wednesday, September 29, 2010

big bites...

So this blog will be shorter, I promise.  The previous one was a well overdue explanation of the painting that I finished 2 weeks ago.  This is not near as complex, as I have since completed 2 more smaller ones.  They represent one of the names of the Lord, the Alpha and the Omega.  Alpha being simple, beginnings, and creation. Omega being the end or really eternal, complex and more than we can understand.  I am still trying to figure out if there is any more meaning than that.  Can't exactly find a scripture to fit them.

But started like all my other pictures, a glimpse of a vision, 2 in this case, a floating apple and a water drop on blood red water.  Both pictures are smaller than I normally paint, but such big challenging concepts to paint.  A I started both,  I realized I bit off way more than I can chew. I have no idea or experience painting water, and am told it's the hardest thing to paint.  Great.  Okay, time for more grace!  And grace received. The water drop (Omega), the more complex looking was so much easier than I though, and the apple floating (Alpha) in completely empty still water was incredibly hard and the empty water took me days to perfect.  I have to say they photograph better than they look  :).  Open to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment