Saturday, July 2, 2011

Haiti Day 13

Oh man, the attack ensues.  Can't write much but wanted you all to be aware that the 11 year old I spoke of on Friday with Renal Failure, passed away on Monday or Tuesday.    The family didn't show up on Monday in clinic and I began to worry, I knew he needed a renal doctor but would do what I could from this shore.  There was something not right with the family, something that didn't connect, something that didn't sit right with me, and made me uncertain about letting him go home.  I was told the child got worse and died at home, which I am told is not a good sign from the family standpoint, meaning they may have let him go .  Nothing I said seemed to phase the parents, the history they gave was constantly contradictory, nothing I said gave them hope to want to do more for him.   There was so much I was planning on doing with the child on Monday, tests I was going to run, and they appeared to be in agreement.  I trusted that he could definitely make it 3 days with the therapies I sent him home with.  I saw a child with a similar situation last year, and she got drastically better in the matter of days and continued to improve over the next few days.  Now I regret letting them go home and not making them do the tests on Friday.  I am just working hard to trust that I made the right decision and not doubt the wisdom that He has given me for all the other children.
In clinic today I had a 13 year old boy who came alone to clinic with complaint of ear pain.  Well it was no average ear pain, it was a huge ear infection, with pus and abscesses in the canal, infection into the bone and even some facial paralysis from the swelling and infection.   And here I am again, with the desire to run tests and call a ENT doctor, but I am in Haiti.  So  despite last yesterday's event I am going to trust the Lord, and be as agressive as I can be from here, and try to save his hearing and his facial nerves.
On top of that, I found out my grandmother had a stroke today.  I am told she is doing okay they just need to go after a clot, I just won't be able to call because I can't get good skype reception right now with all the storms. This is the second time my grandmother has had problems while I was in Haiti, I think I'll call this spiritual attack.
Good news is that the dog lives, amazing.  I don't know how.  I even found out one of the other dogs around Canaan has died, and my dog who was in septic shock is living.  And the really dehydrated  1 year old gain 1/2 a pound in 3 days.  (I have posted a pic below )  Yea, a glimmer of hope.
Okay, thanks guys, keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment