Saturday, January 28, 2012

Deliverance

So I am trying something new... letting go.

 I don't like to let go, but acknowledging my need for control and wanting to be relieved of it only means letting go, not being in control, still caring, not disengaging, trusting, watching and waiting.  Have undertaken several "exercises" in this.  More than I care to recite here, but one of the most visible ones... a painting.  My paintings though quite abstract are always very structured, very precise, very controlled.  I recently found that some of my old works that were done on paper or cardboard canvas were ruined in a basement flood and then molded.  So yet another exercise for me was to try to recreate some of these works.  The question was could I recreate them without being so precise and anal about them? Could I do a simple work loosely, in a short time span rather than spending weeks in the meticulous details, could I trust in my skill as an artist instead of my precision.


 So I did it...I recreated an old painting called Deliver Me, but I renamed "Deliverance"  and I actually like it better, completing it in about 4 hours.24x32 on canvas w/ acrylic. Strangely enough the painting itself is the very picture of what I was and am learning to do. 
My prayer Ezekiel 11:19-20 coming to light.  God saying to Israel, " And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and take away the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes, and keep my ordinances and do them and they will be my people and I will be their God.."

No comments:

Post a Comment