Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last day

So I realized I haven't posted a pic of myself in Haiti, and I keep talking about this group that was here while I was, so here's a pic.


Had a great rest day yesterday, did the famous hike up to Cap'iat and then spent the afternoon at club indigo, enjoying the beach and watching USA futbol.The hike is so refreshing and beautiful. Nothing like climbing a mountain to refresh my spirit


That was a bit sad. A good way to close out though, at Indigo, remembering the beautiful beaches and soft sand and the great friends I made while there. Plus the food there was so fantastic.


Oh, I hate waiting in the terminal here in Port. My Creole is so terrible that I can't strike up conversation with the bystanders. The other blan's around me are like normal missionaries who travel in groups and concerned with their own affairs. But no, Miss Independent, I always seem to do these trips alone. So I sit alone and think. I have a bit of distraction because I am in shock at the modernness of this upgraded gate, flat screen monitors, air conditioning, elevators, hello 21st century! Not sure I have ever seen a flatscreen in Haiti ever. But still just left thinking.
I think about how much I am not ready to leave, how much I love this place, how much I love being the Lords hand and feet. I always sit and sort of reflect and ask the Lord if He will let me come back. So that's what I have been doing. So, yes, I think I will be going back. But there is a part of me that want to visit other islands and other starving lands. My mind drifts to Fiji, Philippines, Cambodia, Honduras, Malawi, Indonesia....and I wonder what desperate needs I would find there. What starving children would I find? What kinds of strange illnesses would I rack my brain with? Oh I've got the bug...Lord You have captured my heart for the nations, for your precious children, the orphans, the widows, the abandoned, the fatherless, the hungry and the sick. It is but a gift to serve these knowing that what I have done for the dirtiest, the smelliest, the most desperate and the least, I have done unto You Matt 25:35-40. Thank you for letting me touch You and serve You this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment