Saturday, June 5, 2010

Managing the (small) storms

So this week has been the biggest emotional roller coaster in my year so far. Now that I am at the end of it I can say that I have:
-incredibly loving parents
-frighteningly cool dreams
-a spectacular boyfriend who is now out of the country :(
-a crazy/fun job
-an exciting new job approaching
-a big nasty cold
-best friends back in the country for a bit ( yea!)
-great and supportive friends
-a better public speaker than I was 2 months ago
-many prayers answered or revealed
-life direction confused every 30 minutes
-a continued addiction to coffee
-a plane ticket to Haiti
-not had enough time in the prayer room
-land sickness
-scars from my dog
-a continued battle with fear
-a scheduled trip to South Carolina
-a trip to New Zealand on the dockets
-a tri-athalon to train for
-and lots of paperwork to fill out that I don’t want to work on
.....I think that’s that enough, but know that more is coming

It is really all so crazy, all the little things that happened this week, as if I just put all the things that hold my emotions in balance and put them on a sheet, and tossed them up in the air like the parachute game. I hit Friday and literally didn’t know what to even feel anymore, only knew that I was aching and needed peace. Today, I found it, and it has been good. One thing I have learned is how often the Lord and His hand is visible in the whirlwind and the storm. When your life feels the most churned up, there is His presence the most. When the Lord appeared on Mt. Sinai His voice was in the thunder and the strom, when His wrath would appear or His goodness appear often it would appear in a cloud or a storm. Even in Nahum it says, “in the whirlwind and the storm is His way.” I guess I am going to have to really adjust to this, the whirlwind and the fearsome storms that is.

At the end of the day, the week or the month, it so often seems that all works out. Maybe not how I predicted or even hoped, but it does work out. It reminds me of the storms in Haiti, from far away they looked so dark and alarming fearsome and yet if I would stop to look at the storm clouds brewing on the mountains it would be so beautiful.


Ahhh…despite the foreboding or amazing lists of events in our lives, peace and joy does come in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment